Thursday 1 October 2015

SAE Weapon demo from the Amiga! :-)


Yes, I've finished it!! With the invaluable help of AWSM with some "beta testing", I was able to finish off my latest Amiga remake!

The second ever screen I made about two years ago with CODEF was a very loosely based "homage" to this great demo, but I thought it deserved remaking properly!


This one took about 6 days all in to make, in order to get as much of the original recreated as accurately as I could.

A couple of things, the original scroll text was over 20KB, so I've only put about a quarter of the original text in, and also the original had effects on the bob sprites when Joystick #2 was used, I mapped these to the cursor keys in my remake!

Apart from that, I'm very happy with it, so I hope you like it!

BE WARNED - it EATS processor time, so slower machines may struggle in places, but those of you with decent machines should be able to enjoy it!


http://codef.namwollem.co.uk/sae_weapon.html

UPDATE: Now includes iOS audio support!

No comments:

Post a Comment